10 Tips to Fight Fraud
1. Immediately report lost or stolen credit cards to your credit union and/or credit card companies.
2. Cover the ATM PIN pad when entering your number.
3. Choose a credit and debit card PIN number that is difficult to guess, but easy for you to remember.
4. Do not reply to any e-mail, text or phone requests for your social security number, credit or debit account number or any other personal information unless you trust the source.
5. Monitor your credit report, credit and debit card accounts and statements for unauthorized transactions.
6. Shred all credit and debit card statements or financial documents before you throw them away.
7. Before making purchases online with your credit or debit card, make sure the website is secure and the company is reputable.
8. Update anti-virus and spyware software regularly.
9. Do not wire money at any time in response to on-line employment advertisements such as “secret shopper” or other “work at home” opportunities.
10. If you receive a check in the mail in response to an internet sale or other internet transaction, do not deposit the check into your account. The check is generally written for over the amount asked for. You will be asked to send the difference via wire. Do not wire funds under these circumstances.
Pasadena Police Department – CA
207 N Garfield Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101
“10 Tips to Fight Fraud” from Pasadena Police Department – CA : Nixle:
‘via Blog this’
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink